(16. Sept 16 DLU) A lot of companies, really a lot of big companies have (still) running a BES in their network. But the most of the people are using an iOS or an
Here we are coming to the BES 12. They could use the CALS from old BES10 (they are maybe already migrated them from old BES 5.)
To have a SECURE, not expensive and a sophisticated EMM it would be a no-brainer to use a BES 12 for those companies, to manage ALL different types of Smartphones.
And even more, for the Android people it would be a serious option to get a Priv or a Dtek50.
But the licensing at BlackBerry is a pain!
If I as service supplier, can’t support them (without learning to set up a BES 12 with a beta, partner oder trial license) to maintain a BES 12, they would buying (for a lot of money) a cheese MDM solution. And they have to keep the old BES for a few BB devices in their company anyway…
(30. July 16 DLU) Reading news like this
You are rally like your Android Phone but you are concerned because your personal data is not as personal anymore. And maybe any company secrets has been drained away from your Smartphone?
Time to thinking about to get an enough secure Smartphone:
I'm ordering a DTEK 50 Android Smartphone with BlackBerry Security on it. A usual system for private use with Google Play etc… And if your company is running a BlackBerry server, you can connect your mail account securely with this server like the old fashion BlackBerry devices has been done years before.
(01. April 16 DLU) On BlackBerry 10 you will not find all useful, important apps in to the Blackberry World or in to the
Amazon App shop. Or you have another Android App shop on your BB10, like Aptoide or SNAP and you cannot download a working version...
Here is the instruction, how to install Google Play on a BlackBerry 10 Smartphone:
- Allow/activate to install Apps from other sources: Go to Settings -> App Manager –> Installing Apps -> Allow Apps from Other Sources to be installed
- Download 3 files to your BlackBerry 10:
- In to the File Manager on your Blackberry, look up for the downloaded files -> in to the folder downloads (most probably).
- After the installation you will find 3 new Apps on your BlackBerry 10 Smartphone.
- Close the Google Play Store
- Open the App: Blackberry Google ID -> go to Device -> and enter also your Google account.
- Now you can use the Google Play Store. (You will not use the Apps : Google Login and Blackberry Google ID anymore, but do not delete them, otherwise the Google Play Store will not work anymore. You can move them to a Folder)
How to monitor and manage mobile data usage
Since BlackBerry 10.3, you can easily keep an eye on the amount of data you use and can also be notified when you're getting close to your limit.
· Open Settings
· Select Data Management
· Select the blue text under the words 'Data Usage Notification Settings'
· Enter your required data allowance, early data limit notification and monthly reset date
It wouldn’t takes two minutes to set up the data monitor and have one less thing to worry about, but what about Roaming Data Usage?
-> There is no warning...
-> You can limit the roaming data by account but not by application.
-> You can set the “data service while roaming” to prompt.
-> At least you can monitoryour Roaming Data Usage